Job Title: Programming and Events Manager
Since 1970, The Arts Council, Inc. has been an integral part of the cultural landscape in Gainesville. As we continue to grow as an organization, and the ways we serve our community, The Arts Council, Inc. is adding a Programming and Events Manager position to our team. This person will be a key member of the organization. They will have the opportunity to have a positive impact on our growth and take on additional responsibilities as the organization multiples the number of programs and cultural benefits it brings to our fast-growing region and its residents.
The Arts Council, Inc. offers outstanding employee benefits including:
– Competitive Pay – $40-$60K salary commensurate with level of experience
– Medical, dental, and vision insurance
– 403(b) Retirement match
– Paid time off
The Arts Council, Inc. takes our commitment to our team very seriously and we embrace diversity and inclusion in our hiring, operations, and community offerings. This full-time, exempt position will work under the direction of the Executive Director to plan, oversee, and market all Arts Council performances, programs and events as well as approving rental events conducted by The Art Council. The Programming and Events Manager is responsible for:
- Managing event staff and the oversight of all aspects of events and programs.
- Manage all Arts Council social media accounts.
- Design and print event advertisements.
- Partner with the Arts Council’s marketing firm to promote The Arts Council across all media channels.
- Manage all aspects of Customer Service.
The right candidate will have:
- Strong computer skills
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Possess time-management and organizational skills.
- Driven to complete tasks efficiently and to meet deadlines.
- The ability to deliver outstanding Customer Service.
- Enjoy working with the public and a volunteer base.
Please send questions, resumes, and cover letters to Operations Director Michelle Ferguson via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description: Programming & Events Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
This full-time, exempt position will work under the direction of the Executive Director to plan, oversee, and market all Arts Council programs and events as well as approving rentals conducted at TAC facilities (or designated off-site locations). The P&M Manager is responsible for managing event staff and oversight of all aspects of events and programs. This position will also manage all TAC social media accounts, design and print event advertisements, and work with TAC’s marketing firm to promote TAC. Customer service, a keen understanding of technology and marketing practices, and the ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment are critical components of this role.
- Research, plan, and execute new and current programming for The Arts Council.
- Find new and exciting artists, musicians, and events to bring to the Gainesville Community.
- Work with Operations Director to plan budgets and spending for TAC programs and be able to work creatively to stick to budget restraints.
- Create accurate and comprehensive time and action plans for program creation and execution.
- Work with marketing firms, talent agents, and artists to create cohesive branding and marketing materials.
- Coordinate and maintain the internal calendar of events.
- Communicate event details, logistics, maintain intranet descriptions and add information to organization calendar.
- Work with Operations Director and other staff members to ensure adequate staffing, supplies, and other resources for special events and programs are in place.
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with sponsors, collaboration partners, AC members and volunteers.
- Create and analyze online evaluations and prepare post-event reports. Follow up post-event with volunteers, sponsors, and donors.
- Oversee the implementation of successful marketing and communications for client websites, meetings and events via social media, email, web, and print. Produce error-free written content quickly and accurately.
- Work with TAC’s marketing firm to design and implement new marketing campaigns for all TAC events and programs.
- Create Time and Action Plans for marketing campaigns.
- Oversee Event Staff’s interaction with TAC social media.
- Stay up to date on marketing and social media trends to ensure TAC is reaching the broadest audience possible.
- Attend community events and meetings and represent TAC in a professional manner.
- Work with ED and OD to create and adhere to standard office procedures.
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Access
- Microsoft Teams
- Constant Contact
- Adobe Creative Cloud – Photoshop, InDesign
- Clear communication
- Willingness to contribute across a variety of areas and to learn new things.
- Passion for engaging people in the arts
- Positive Attitude
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position description. They are not intended to be construes as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.