Crawford W. Long Museum
The Crawford W. Long Museum provides educational exhibits about the life and career of Dr. Crawford Long and celebrates his discovery of the use of sulfuric ether to provide "painless surgery" on this site March 30, 1842, in Jefferson, Georgia.
The three building complex houses a medical gallery honoring Dr. Long with exhibits of personal family heirlooms, as well as displays showing the development of modern anesthesia.
The Pendergrass General Store built in 1858 illustrates the rural life and culture of the Piedmont Region.
Please visit our website at for operating hours and admission prices.